Watson Studio Gallery
Call For Entries
Submission Deadline: Aug. 24, 2009, Midnight Pacific Time
About the Theme – IR Dreaming:
This show will feature the art and magic of infrared photography, from both film and digital cameras. Infrared photography captures light that is beyond the visible spectrum using special cameras or film that is sensitive to infrared light. This exhibition will feature photographers and artists that employ this technique to create compelling and surreal images.
Watson Studio Gallery invites and encourages all photographers and digital illustrators working in all media, to participate in this exhibition.
The exhibition is open to all domestic and international photographers working with digital or traditional photography, digital/photo illustration or combinations of these media as long as infrared digital cameras or film was involved in the process. Submissions that use Photoshop IR filters or plug-ins on non-infrared photographs are not eligible.
Exhibition and Awards:
As a benefit of being selected for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an audience of artists and collectors who appreciate photographic and digital art forms.
- Winning images will be exhibited and available for sale at Watson Studio Gallery in Johnson City, Texas from Sep.26 to Oct. 24, 2009.
- Winners will also be prominently featured on the Watson Studio Gallery and Texas Photographic Society website and be included in news releases to various local and web publications.
- A public reception for the artists will take place on Saturday, Sep. 26th.
Two Juror's Choice Awards: $250 each
Visitor's Choice Award: $100
Carol Watson, the Director of Watson Studio Gallery and award-winning digital infrared photographer.
- The entry fee for this exhibition is $10 USD per image or $25 USD for three images.
- There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
View the detailed prospectus by visiting the gallery's Call For Entries page.