JoAnn Brumit, CEO, Karlee
Free Enterprse: The Right to Win, Lose and Win Again
KARLEE is a contract manufacturer of precision sheet metal and machined components for the telecommunications, semiconductor, defense, aerospace, commercial goods and medical equipment industries. Since incorporation in 1977 as a producer of machined parts, Karlee's commitment to exceeding customer expectations and building quality into the product has differentiated the organization from its competitors.
That commitment led Karlee to achieve the following accolades:
- 1991 Entrepreneur of the Year Award by INC. Magazine, Earnest & Young
- 1995 Well Managed Business Award by Baylor University
- 1999 Texas Quality Award
- 2000 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
- 2000 Texas Business of the Year
- 2001 ISO/TL 9001:2000
- 2004 Ranked 7th Largest Woman-owned Texas Business
But Karlee's success has not been a straight line path. Join us on February 13th as Karlee's CEO, Jo Ann Brumit, discusses the challenges which earned her a chapter in the recently released book, Do As I Say, Not As I Did!: Gaining Wisdom In Business Through The Mistakes Of Highly Successful People.
- Registration begins at 5:15 PM.
- Beginning at 5:30, SMEI-Dallas will be holding a special session for visitors, guests, and new members entitled "What is SMEI-Dallas All About?" This orientation will show the value of membership in the "premier forum for sales and marketing education and networking."
- Dinner will be served at 6:40.
- The meeting will conclude at 8:00.
Reserved seating is $29.95 for members and guests of members and speakers, $34.95 for visitors, $24.95 for PSE Students. Limited seating at the door will be available for additional $10 per person.
The deadline for making reservations is 12 NOON Central Time, Friday, February 10th. NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS AFTER RSVP DEADLINE!
More Information can be viewed at http://dallas.smei.org.