As developers, you keep hearing a lot about HTML5, but many don't know what it actually means or is truly capable of. If you want to learn about it, your choices are limited; you can either pick up a book or attend an expensive conference that often only scratches the surface.
The HTML5 Education Day is an opportunity to show you what's possible, and how you can start using it today. We will start with demos and presentations, and will end with hands on lab sessions. Come learn from experts in a low-key, interactive way and then get hands-on time to apply what you've learned.
A sample of topics will be covered during the day:
- Introduction to HTML5
- CSS3 and all the cool features
- HTML5 Graphics Canvas and SVG
- Video, Sound, and Animations With HTML5
- HTML5 New Features
- Practical HTML5: Using It Today
- HTML5 for Windows 8
- HTML5 for Windows Phone
Part of the day will be dedicated to hands-on labs; to get the most of it, we recommend bringing a laptop, and setting it up beforehand. Setup instructions can be found here: http://bit.ly/html5setup
- 9:00 to 6:00, with a 1-hour lunch break
- Doors will open at 8:15
- Bagels & coffee will be available in the morning
- Coffee, soda and small snacks will be available
- Lunch will NOT be provided; the venue is in the Westfield center, which has plenty of food options available in the Food Court.
- More info to follow on how to setup your laptop, if you chose to bring it!